Budget Wednesday!Read Now
Sorry I haven't blogged lately. I have been super busy getting ready for November's weddings.
Since today is Budget Wednesday I thought it would be a great time to talk about RecycledBride.com
They are the world's first eco-resale wedding marketplace. -You can buy wedding dresses, accessories, bridesmaids shoes, décor, anything you need for your big day. The beauty of it is it's all green! This way you not only save money but you help the environment as well and Recycled Bride donates 15% of all advertising revenue to Global Green USA. How cool is that?
Budget Wednesday!Read Now
Saving money on your wedding flowers
1. Don't hold your wedding during the month of February when flower prices go up because of Valentine's Day. Instead think of having your wedding during Easter or Christmas. The church will be already decorated for the holiday and you wont have to spend money on flowers for the church.
2. Consider having your wedding in a garden or park. The surroundings will already be beautiful eliminating the need for floral arrangements.
3. Ask your church or venue if they have another wedding booked for the same day as yours. You can talk to the other bride and see if you can coordinate your flowers and split the cost.
4. Consider ordering flowers from an online wholesaler and putting them together with your bridal party.
5. Use carnations for your centerpieces. When used in bulk they can be breathtaking and they are cheap.
Wish Upon a Wedding is the world's first nonprofit wish granting organization that provides weddings and vow renewals for couples facing terminal illness or other serious life-altering circumstances. Less than one year old, the organization has 16 active chapters, and will have granted 12 wishes by the end of 2010.
During the month of November, they are hosting severalfund raising galasand auctions throughout the country, and would like to invite you to participate.
Whether you are a bride or groom to be, a wedding industry professional, or you simply love the concept behind their mission... YOU can help make Wedding Wishes come true, while raising crucial funding needed to sustain this wonderful, new nonprofit organization.
Attend the Blissful Wishes Ball!
A Gala Celebration to Benefit Wish Upon a Wedding
Chicago November 1
LA November 4
San Francisco November 10
Houston November 11
Charlotte November 12
Orlando November 14
St Louis November 14
Baltimore November 17
Portland November 18
Atlanta November 21
The Blissful Wishes Ball is a festive way to support Wish Upon a Wedding. Enjoy a nice night out on the town with an elegant dinner, entertainment, music, dancing and incredible auction items.
Buy your tickets today!!
Jessica & Lenin are married!Read Now
Cavo Astoria Retaurant
October 3rd, 2010
Jessica had her heart set on an outdoor ceremony in the garden but the whole week before the wedding it rained and rained and things didn't look good. So after much praying guess what? The wedding day was sunny and beautiful and Jessica had the outdoor ceremony she so wanted.
The bride hired a Peruvian flautist to play during the ceremony which was amazing and so beautiful!
The reception was beautifully decorated in fall colors. It was full of little details that the bride and her family went to alot of trouble to create. Like this beautiful seating chart
and these lovely programs:
The cake was made by the brides mom Lucy. It was beautiful and delicious!
Especially touching was the bride's dance with her mom. You could just feel the love between them as they danced to "You Lift Me Up" by Josh Groban. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house. I know I cried!
Congratulations Jessica & Lenin! So happy your day turned out to be everything you wanted and that we were able to be a part of it!